Tuesday, December 2, 2014

All is Well 12/1/2014

Yeah all the members and everyone else here are practically dying of the cold but its feels absolutely perfect to me and that's a blessing.  I'm glad you guys had fun, as you probably know they don't really celebrate Thanksgiving here but we had a little devotional about gratitude last week which was really cool.  Last night we watched 17 Miracles at the church in English but with Spanish subtitles.  It was a big eye opener.  I don't know why.   I've seen it before but it never really hit me how much faith they must have had.  It's amazing the kinds of things our ancestors did for us, we owe it to them to work equally as hard as they did today in our efforts in the church.  For packages they're actually really safe, missionaries get them all the time so if anyone wanted to send away.  And my talk is later this month so I have a little time to prepare.  I'm thinking about writing about either gratitude or about Jesus Cristo and charity but I'm not sure yet.  Our branch president is awesome!  Super friendly and really helpful when it comes to the missionaries, always trying to find new referrals. And no one told me the chicken story but I want to hear it, Justin should type it!  With the food here it's still just a lot of tortillas y pollo. There's a family here who have a lot of sugarcane plants and the kids literally just chew on the reeds to get the sugar out, it's actually really good and it's a good change from the candy here, I miss American sweets haha. but we always have food and plenty of it so me and my companion are happy.  This is his last week before he goes home which is really sad but we're going to do our best to make this week count and work our hardest. The goals we set for the week are the highest we've had them but with work I know we can complete them and more.  I'm really excited. anyways.  I'm glad to hear life is fun and that you all had an awesome Thanksgiving.  Everyday remember all the many blessings you have before you think about what you don't and I know that will make anyone a happier person, and good job mom! you're blessing and thank you for helping me throughout all my life and  I'm sure you are continuing to be a great help to the work!  I love you all!
Con Amor,
Elder Wixom

 
 
Next week I get my new comp! and sadly somethings fell through and we don't have any baptisms scheduled right now.  We spend alot of time helping the members and less actives right now.   It's a lot of work.  I'm glad your talk went well! Want to email it to me? Also you don't happen to have Truman G Madsens the Prophet Joseph Smith on CD or USB do you?  I'm almost done with Jesus the Christ and Our Heritage and I've heard awesome things about that talk and I'm trying to get a hold of it through jumpdrive or some means.  I don't really know how yet, and a trip would be so much fun, Mexico is so beautiful. I love it. Anyways I don't have a lot of time, adios!
Con Amor,
Elder Wixom

No comments:

Post a Comment