Monday, November 3, 2014

Finally in Mexico! 11/3/14

Hey, I don't have a lot of time for emails but I'm happy you guys are doing good.  I'm sure Madi and Justin had a blast at Halloween.  Spanish is coming faster than I thought it would which is really good.  Mexico is way different then I ever would have imagined, I'll send you lots of pictures. My companero es Elder Acosta, el donde de Columbia.  Es el final transfer.  He's way nice but he knows absolutely no English.  Sometimes it's hard but he's really patient.  He's a great guy.  My first lession was taught in the middle of a rain storm outside on a patio, it was insane and I only understood like a quarter of it but it went well. Last night we taught a nine year old and he wants to get baptised next Sunday so that was cool.  It gets dark at like 6 here and we just sat with him on the curb and taught him the restoration, it was different but really cool.  My first area is in Ocosingo which is the city of the drunks haha, everyone who's out past 7 is hammered here, they're all really nice but they're really loud and love talking to the missionaries. The food here is fine, I really haven't had any problems yet, there's just a lot of pollo.  The driving is absolutely nuts, I really can't explain it.  No laws, no lines, 4 lane roads and people just do what they want.  We take the taxi a lot though so I better get used to it.  It's only been a week and I already have a TON of stories but I can't write them all in one hour.  En tonces, the people here are awesome, really nice, every house and every floor is disgusting but you get used to it and it doesn't bother you, our apartment is decent size but the power is always out and no hot water but that's fine.  The computers here don't send pictures but when I can I'll send lots, its so pretty here!  The cities surrounded by mountains and trees it's awesome! Anyways make sure to let me know how you guys are doing and if you want to know anything just ask, the more specific the better. I miss you all!
Con Amor,
Elder Wixom

Dad,
That's awesome! Yeah Derek is the funniest out of all of us, I'll admit it.  I love him to death.  I'm glad you guys are doing good,  I don't have a lot of time but I'll tell you some of the cooler things about my mission.  Maybe not cooler but different.  Well every cop carries a huge assault rifle and you are not supposed to look at them.  I was stuck in San Cristobal for 2 days because the riots wouldn't let anybody through the streets to Ocosinga (my mission).  Ocosingo is known for the drunks and let me tell you, there are a lot. Me and my companion share a little apartment that has a little room outside for people in the complex to just chill, my first night there there was a group of guys drinking and one of them realllly liked my tie.  We kinda just played it off and I snuck into our room real quick, (luckily every window in Mexico has iron bars and every door as well) and we heard shouting.  The next morning we woke up to a huge pile of blood on the cement outside our door, it was insane!  I'm not scared though, we've seen them since and they been kind when they're not drunk. The people are so loving.  There's some amazing individuals here, especially in our church, its a big sacrifice to be a member here so they're all pretty committed.  En tonces life here is good, I don't mean so scare you that's just what life is like here. Also our money goes a long way here, just 10 dollars can get you a pretty nice wardrobe here, its cool.  Anyways I don't have a lot of time I've got to run errands! 
Con Amor,
Elder Wixom
 

outside nuestro casa 
mi amigo (Provo, MTC)

No comments:

Post a Comment