Monday, November 10, 2014

Second Week 11/10/14

Yeah that kinda blows my mind too, she'll be 16 when I get back, that's even weirder, but happy birthday Madi!  Hope it was awesome!  I know it's two years from now but I'm already excited to bring back a bunch of cool presents for all of us, I'll be sure to find you something cool! For new and different, everything, the food we eat, the way we say things, the hygiene is um different. and the humor, everyone here is so kind hearted, especially in our branch, its awesome!  Yesterday we had dinner at the church and a member made over 200 wings (which is a lot in IF and incredible down here) and anyone who'd pass by everyone would shout at them until they'd join us.  There was about 60 people here last Sunday which I've been told is pretty good.  It's my companionship and one other that teach in Ocosingo and it's just us four in our district.  I love them to death, our district is so much fun.  About twice a week we go out to lunch together and we always go to the same place I'll send you guys a picture.

That's the nicest restaurant in Ocosingo,  Me and Elder Carpinter from Texas usually switch off paying for everybody though.  That's fine because it's about 3 US dollars a person. But eating there is a blessing.  Every other lunch we have is at a members house and the food is usually really good but it never sits well after haha.   Elder Carpinter has been here for 8 weeks and he's still adapting so wish me luck.  The language is coming I just need to keep with my study time and practice more talking to members. It's kind of strange here, we're not allowed to do any door to door it's only street contacting and the people are always really nice and I'd say about half the time we schedule a lesson, but the problem is finding their home.  In Mexico there is no rhyme or reason to the addresses, it goes 103 to 430, to 832, to 204 and it's like that the entire street, and a lot of houses don't have numbers so it makes it really difficult to find people. We spend 4 to 6 hours everyday just looking for houses usually with no success, but we do regularly teach a few people.  This one family, the I believe Ascuncions (at least that's how you pronounce it in English) are my favorite. They're the first family we taught. They have 3 kids but there's always at least a couple more over and they are the best.  The kids are insane and hyper and love giving prayers and reading the scriptures, it's perfect haha.  The parents believe everything we've taught and want to join but they're not married, it's hard trying to explain to them the importance of families in the gospel when I can't speak their language but we will keep trying and I believe we can help them. So yeah, life here is awesome, it's exhausting everyday but eventually I feel like I'll get used to it.  So I'm glad to hear life back home is good, keep me updated!
Con Amor
Elder Wixom
 

His names Miguel, I haven't met his dad yet but his parents are going to sit in with us on a leccion next Sunday so that's great! Pollo and torillas! But I also eat a lot of junk just because it's cheap and easy and doesn't make me sick. and yeah, I've been sick a lot.  The water is all dirty, you have to buy big water cooler jugs from your house and that's all you can drink from.  A lot of members mostly just drink soda.  Tell Mom not to worry, me and my companion are pretty careful.
Con Amor
Elder Wixom

Oh and stories, literally one minute ago I talked to Elder Reyes, one of the general authorities, he just walked in here and started talking to us. I didn't understand much but you can definitely feel his spirit.  That was awesome haha, anyways, adios!
 
Here's just another picture of Ocosingo


No comments:

Post a Comment