Sunday, October 12, 2014

MTC 10/10/2014

So I gotta type fast but these last couple weeks were really awesome and really hard. My whole district is coming down with strep so we haven't had a full classroom in a while now.  I've had a sore throat but I think I'm coming out of it so I guess I got lucky.  They have us teaching twice a day in Spanish and sometimes we're randomly assigned to teach people spiritual thoughts in Espangal.  Esta moy difficil. It's hard to teach in spanish when you don't know what you would say in English but I'm learning.  When it gets hard they tell us to always keep it as simple as we possibly can and make it as easy for a little child to understand our message as an adult. I've seen a few people that I know here and that's pretty fun, I've got a buddy from school I've been talking to a lot lately so that's awesome. The hardest part about the MTC is the rules, mostly they're all easy but not listening to my own music is killing me and also I don't think my room has gone to bed before midnight since we've moved to this main campus. Spanish is coming slow but steady, it will take a while but I'm ready to just get down there because I know that's the best way for me to learn. Conference was really cool but I was sick so I slept through quite a bit of it, President Uchtdorf's talk, "Lord it is I" really hit me, that was a good one.  There's also videos we can watch here on Sunday that are only accessible in the MTC and I watched one titled "Charcter of Christ" by Bednar and that was probably the coolest lecture I've ever listened too, it just talks about giving it your all and being selfless in all things you do. Anyways, I'm glad you guys are doing good!
Love
Elder Wixom
 
That's one of our teachers Hermana Estrada, her and Hermano Martinez are awesome, they're both awesome teachers but I dont have a pic of him.
 
 
This is the fort we made a couple nights ago when we couldnt sleep, we found a bunch of pillows and mattresses and really went all out haha
 

No comments:

Post a Comment