Monday, April 11, 2016

Church in new area 4/11/16

Happy Birthday Sol! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! When I come back we'll have to go up to Lava Hot Springs too, that sounds really fun!

Not yet mom but I'm sure it's here close, thank you!

So what's dad going to start doing? He always works really hard, we have the best Dad.

How's Katie and Madi and Justin doing in school? Working real hard? I hope so. To be able to study is a priviledge that a lot of people don't have. We need to make the most of it. 

How are you Mom, how is teaching in Sunday school, is it everything you wanted and more? I hope so!

My companion and I are working really hard. Were visiting a lot of small pueblos and seeing a lot of success. We started having small church services in Rodulfo Figaroa and 21 people came. We're going to be going there about 3 times a week now. There are a lot of escogidos there.

The Lord loves you, I love you and I hope you have a great week!

Elder Wixom

Yeah Dad we're working hard. We should be baptizing a few people this week, Yanet and Yanet haha.  The people here are incredible. I love them and don't ever want to leave. I've felt so weak and incapable but it's helped me grow to depend on the Savior. There's nothing I'd rather be doing. However I am excited for when I'll have more time to study family and church history more thoroughly. I've never felt such a strong dependence on our ancestors before. You'll have to teach more about family history work when I come home. It's really hard to inspire other people to participate in the work. I've noticed my biggest challenge in the mission is getting other members and missionaries to more fully devote themselves to the work of the Lord. I pray that you guys back home find time to share what you know with your friends and invite them to church with you. There's no way to feel closer to Christ then to work with him side by side in his vineyard. I love our Lord. He's always been there for me. He suffered for each and every one of us and knows what trials and temptations we face and is willing to extend his hand always. He lightens our burden everyday and gives us great reason to be happy.  Only through Him will we be saved. Thanks for supporting me and writing me and for preparing me to serve a mission. There's nowhere else the Lord would have me be. I know it's true and I share it with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
 

Elder Wixom

No comments:

Post a Comment