Monday, September 21, 2015

Turtle Eggs 9/21/15

Completing one month I am now officially Oaxcero, no longer 100 % Chiapineco. The change is difficult but what has changed is the first thing that everyone asks me is if I'll teach them English. We are now teaching classes Tuesday in the afternoon. If you have any Oaxacan friends make sure to let them classes are at 3 in the church. 

We had our baptism this week! It was really really complicated, it seems Satan is always trying his hardest to keep us from baptising. Well we spent literally 12 hours Saturday cleaning then filling then recleaning then refilling the font and for some reason just as it was about ready it was just fill with water that was just disgusting. We didn't know what to do because the baptism was already late so we just called a truck and we did the baptism in the river! It was amazing. It was a young woman who just moved here from Ixhuatan and was talking with the Elders over there. Her name is Paola. We invited the other elders to come and baptize her and it was amazing. It was Elder Pugmires first baptism and he got to do it in the river! Ha Paola has an awesome time and it all went really well. 

Right now Elder Rosas and I are looking really hard to find a family to teach. Pte George promised that if we look with faith we can all find and baptise a family of 3 this transfer so my companion and I are really excited. We pray everyday to find them.

Hey I love you all and am so happy to be here serving the Lord right now, there's nowhere better I could be. thanks for all the support, I hope you all have an awesome week!

Elder Wixom
 
 
We had a family night in Oaxaca and we had turtle eggs! they dont cook them you just bite into them and they're awesome!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment