Saturday, September 27, 2014

Sept 24, 2014 First Week in the MTC


Hola!

It’s only been 7 days but it feels like an eternity away from IF ha ha.  Time passes differently at the MTC. Thank for the letters, I’ve got them both but I haven’t been able to send any yet because I’ve been super busy but I’ve written some out and I’ll try to find time to send them. Life here is good, the dorms are okay, the teachers are cool and food is awful. Spanish is hard but I’m picking it up a lot faster than I thought I'd be, apparently Hermana Estrada(our teacher) said we're learning it quicker than any other group she’s taught so that's kind of exciting. The cinnamon rolls were an awesome package, thank you! So one member of our district ended up leaving the first day we got here so his companion ended up joining us making me and my companion a three some. There’s Elder Russell from Indiana and Elder Palmer from Utah, they’re both pretty cool, easy to get along with. We also lucked out and were sharing a 6 man apartment with two bathrooms with just our companionship, it’s nice. My district is way cool, everyone in our district is going to the exact same mission so there's a good chance I’ll see most of them again which is awesome. They're downsizing our campus though and this Friday we're moving to the main and my p day will change to Friday and my mailing address will change but I’m not sure to what yet. It’ll be cool though, they’re supposed to have better food. Sorry if I can’t say much we don't have a lot of time, I also didn't want to write 2 emails so I’m just going to respond to this one. Elder Ballard came yesterday, he gave an hour long devotional about being a missionary what’s expected of you, it was awesome, it was amazing to see how focused everybody was when he was speaking. Next week another apostle is supposed to come but we don't know who yet, were all making bets.  So yeah life here is good, glad to see life in Idaho is great! Here’s a picture, Elder Russell is on the left and Elder Palmer is on the right



Love,


Elder Wixom

No comments:

Post a Comment